An ADAMS application tries to perform an activation over and over. Several things may cause this:
- This is because an activation ID for a different application than the one being activated was entered. This is bug AD-1267
- A pre-4.0 license is used with Remote Desktop which isn't allowed
- The server is vending out licenses but there are no more seats available.
- Date on the computer is wrong (before the activation date?)
- Foray.Adams.config.xml may have old license key
- Expired temporary license may cause issues
- Old registration data in the C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet folder. Delete files beginning with "foray" and re-try activation. Make sure to enable Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Partial hardware change - checkout fails and thus activation attempt occurs but FNO thinks machine already has activation. It returns the same, invalid, activation record. Use FlexNet Activation utility on the client to return the activation (once, there may be multiple entries) then delete the license files (see C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet including hidden files and folders starting with "foray") and re-activate. It does not work to return the license through the operations server.