Strange network issues
Posted by Mont Rothstein on 19 January 2010 05:06 PM
Strange Network Issues
This issue is identified by any of the following issues occurring:
These issues have been identified as occurring with the Large Send Offload option enabled on Broadcom NICs running on Windows Server 2008. To resolve this issue disable Large Send Offload on the Broadcom NIC:
- Some images intermittently fail to load in Digital Workplace (broken image icon is displayed)
- Acquiring into an existing asset folder causes an error
- Deleting an asset folder or asset causes an error
- Moving an asset causes an error
- Right-click Networks on the desktop and select Properties. In the Network and Sharing Center, click on the Manage Network Connections link on the left-hand side. Note: You can get to the same spot by typing ncpa.cpl in the Run menu.
- Right-click on each NIC icon and select Properties.
- In the NIC Properties window, click on the Configure button.
- In the Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced tab, find the IPv4 Large Send Offload setting, and select Disabled from the drop-down list.