How to Upgrade ADAMS for Releases After 2.6
NOTE: These instructions presume knowledge of Windows systems administration and IIS.
1. Get the URL for the latest release and the password from support.
2. Download the zip. NOTE: Not all applications within the zip will be required.
3. Extract the zip file
a. Before processing get a full backup and make sure that everyone is out of all ADAMS applications.
4. Each existing Foray application will need to be uninstalled and then the new version installed.
a. NOTE: You do not need to uninstall/re-install Foray Chromatic FFT, Foray Grayscale FFT, or Foray Image Calibrator.
5. The Configure ADAMS application is what upgrades the database. This only has to be installed on one machine.
To upgrade the database:
1. Run Configure ADAMS.exe
2. Foray.Adams.config.xml should be automatically loaded if it is on the machine that Configure ADAMS.exe is being run from
3. Click Load Central Config. This will present a series of prompts and warnings and may ask for additional configuration info to be entered.
4. Click OK to upgrade the database
To upgrade Digital Web Viewer: (Only necessary if you have Digital Web Viewer)
1. Copy C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DigitalWebViewer\Foray.Adams.config to the desktop
2. Copy C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DigitalWebViewer\App_Themes\DefaultTheme\Images\customerLogo.png to the desktop
3. Uninstall DigitalWebViewer
4. Install the new version of DigitalWebViewer
5. Copy Foray.Adams.config from the desktop to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DigitalWebViewer\
6. Copy customerLogo.png from the desktop to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DigitalWebViewer\App_Themes\DefaultTheme\Images\
7. Open the Properties for the DigitalWebViewer virtual directory in the IIS Manager
8. Change the Application Pool from DefaultAppPool to DigitalWebViewerPool
9. Recycle the DigitalWebViewerPool
The upgrade is now complete.