Troubleshoot Adams Upload
Posted by Diane Hancock on 12 April 2018 10:15 AM
When the assets captured by Adams Upload do not appear in Adams Web, check the following.
- If trying to register the phone, using the phone's browser, is Adams Admin accessible (e.g. https://<servername>/AdamsAdmin)? Try refresh.
- Registered? (see Info page)
- last successful connection time recent? (see Info page) If not, or it failed, then try to access the Device Gateway url in the browser (see below)
- Device Gateway url is correct? (see Info page) If not, change in Digital Workplace > Tools > Options > Acquisition > Mobile > Device Gateway Server, restart Adams Admin and re-register the phone.
- Is Device Gateway accessible?
- Using the phone's browser, going to https://<servername>/devicegateway/api/Upload/Config should show a page stating "The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'."
- Scene closed?
- Does Adams Upload have a bubble with a number? If so, Asset transmission has not completed.
Device Gateway server
- Server is available?
- Event viewer errors?
- Files appearing in DeviceGatewayUploads directory or metadata subdirectory?
- If so, then the phone is communicating with the server successfully.
- If not, then is Repository owner and Device Gateway app pool user on DeviceGatewayUploads directory?
- If the metadata directory has files with the suffix _DONE.json, then check Acquisition Service.
- If there are no _DONE.json files, then check the connection between the phone and the Device Gateway server and enable Device Gateway logging.
- Enable logging (web.nlog and create Logs directory) to see what communication if any is happening
- Running? (see Configure Acquisition Service)
- Mobile Acquisition enabled? (see Configure Acquisition Service)
- Watch folder is DeviceGatewayUploads path (use UNC notation to share if on another machine)?
- Files appearing in DeviceGatewayUploads\metadata directory with _DONE suffix? If files without suffix, then transmission is not completing. See Device Gateway service logging and Restart section.
Adams Admin > Application Status > Adams Upload application for the Device
- Action = UploadFirstFragment? If not, see the Device Gateway logs.
- Last communication date/time is when the scene was closed or more recent? If not, then see the Device Gateway logs.