Troubleshoot Adams Upload
Posted by Diane Hancock on 12 April 2018 10:15 AM
When the assets captured by Adams Upload do not appear in Adams Web, check the following.
- Registered? (see Info page)
- last connection time recent? (see Info page)
- Device Gateway url is correct? (see Info page) If not, change in Digital Workplace, restart Adams Admin and re-register the phone.
- HTTPS or phone is on the same network as Device Gateway?
- Scene closed?
- Does Adams Upload have a bubble with a number? If so, Asset transmission has not completed.
Device Gateway server
- Server is available?
- Event viewer errors?
- Files appearing in DeviceGatewayUploads directory or metadata subdirectory?
- Repository owner and Device Gateway app pool user on DeviceGatewayUploads directory?
- Enable logging (web.nlog and create Logs directory) to see what communication if any is happening
- Running? (see Configure Acquisition Service)
- Mobile Acquisition enabled? (see Configure Acquisition Service)
- Watch folder is DeviceGatewayUploads path (use UNC notation with share if on another machine)?
- Files appearing in DeviceGatewayUploads\metadata directory with _DONE suffix? If files without suffix, then transmission is not completing. See Device Gateway service logging and Restart section.
Adams Admin > Application Status > Adams Upload application for the Device
- Action = UploadFirstFragment? If not, see the Device Gateway logs.
- Last communication date/time is when the scene was closed or more recent? If not, then see the Device Gateway logs.