This article explains how to create a domain group policy object to install the Chrome Windows Remix Clickonce Handler extension.
On the Domain Controller:
- Download the ChromeGPOTemplates.zip from the Foray downloads site. Extract the files.
- Either use the Group Policy Management Editor to add the chrome.admx and chrome.adml files or copy the chrome.admx file to the policy definitions directory on the machine (e.g. c:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\) and copy the chrome.adml file to the policy definitions directory's en-US directory on the machine (e.g. c:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en-US).
- Open Group Policy Management
- Group Policy Management -> Forest -> Domains -> domain -> Group Policy Objects -> Default Domain Policy -> (right click) Edit…
- In Group Policy Management Editor:
- Default Domain Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Administrative Templates -> Google Chrome -> Extensions -> Configure the list of force-installed apps and extensions (If Google Chrome does not appear as an option, then the chrome.admx file must not have been copied to the right place or was not read correctly.)
- Select Enabled
- Enter dgpgholdldjjbcmpeckiephjigdpikan;https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx
- OK to finish adding
- OK to close the Show dialog
- OK to close the configure dialog
- Close Group Policy Management Editor
- Close Group Policy Management
- A workstation reboot is required for the policy to be applied. The user will be prompted to save the installer and then they must run it. Once installed, the extension can no longer be locally removed on the workstation.