If a PDF asset will not display in Adams Web (asset full view) and the browser is Internet Explorer (IE), then look at the following:
- Is the browser Edge? PDF's in Edge are not supported
- Is Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Professional installed? Test it
- Is the Acrobat IE plug-in enabled? See IE > Tools (gear) > Manage add-ons > Show > All add-ons > Adobe PDF Reader
- Does the PDF have special characters in the name such as apostrophes or ampersand? These are only supported with Adams Web 5.4 or later.
- If exported from Adams Web, can the PDF be opened with Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Professional? If not, then the PDF itself may be corrupted.
- Can a static PDF from another website be viewed in the browser such as a PDF on Foray's website? If not, then there is something wrong with the Acrobat installation. Try repairing or uninstalling and reinstalling.
- Are IE Popups blocked for the site?
- Does it work on another machine? If so, then there may be issues with the Acrobat installation on this machine. Things to try:
- In pre-Acrobat Reader DC versions, is the Edit > Preferences > Internet > Display PDF in Browser preference checked? This option does not exist for Acrobat Reader DC.
- Is the Acrobat path set in the registry? See Check the Registry Path
- Repair the Acrobat installation
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Acrobat application
Acrobat Troubleshooting Articles: