How to Upgrade Adams 5.0 - 5.4
Posted by Mont Rothstein on 09 February 2016 10:26 PM
- Download the latest Updates release from: http://www.foray.com/support/downloads.php
- If you don't have a username and password then contact Support http://support.foray.com
- Prevent access to Adams from all users
- Block access to the database via the firewall
- Stop the AdamsAdmin pool
- Backup the repository
- Backup the database.
- Run Healthcheck.exe.
- Resolve any issues discovered by Healthcheck.exe.
- Update Configure Adams on the server running the database by running Configure ADAMS Setup.msi
- Run Configure Adams
- Click Load Central Config
- If a database upgrade is needed then a message box will inform you and ask you to make sure you have a backup and that no one is using the system.
- If a backup has been done and if no one is using the system then allow the database upgrade to continue.
- After this database/repository upgrade no one will be able to use the system until their software has been upgraded to the current version.
- If a database has been updated or if an update is not needed a prompt may appear to upgrade the Repository
- Click OK
- You may continue with these instructions, and users may use the system, while the Repository is being upgraded.
- After any upgrades the central configuration will be displayed.
- Exit Configure Adams
- Update Adams Admin on the server by running Adams Admin Setup.msi
- Copy the .MSI files to the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\AdamsAdmin\AdamsUpdates directory. Note: This may be on a different server than the database.
- Make sure that the update files have the correct permissions
- Right-click the AdamsUpdates directory and select Properties
- Select the Security tab
- Click Advanced
- Windows 2003
- Check "Replace permission entries on all child objects with the entries shown here that apply to child objects"
- Click OK in both dialogs
- Windows 2008
- Click "Change Permissions..."
- Check "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object"
- Click OK in all dialogs
- The Foray Adams Update Service, running on client and server machines, checks every 15 min for updates
- To force a machine to download its updates either reboot the machine or re-start the Foray Adams Update Service.